OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
We value diverse experiences and perspectives. We strive to create a welcoming and respectful learning environment that promotes access, opportunity, and justice for all. We are firmly committed to supporting activities that enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
UW Pharmacology is working towards four goals outlined in the University of Washington Diversity Blueprint 2022-2026
Cultivate and communicate our commitment to diversity
Attract, retain and advance an excellent and diverse workforce
Foster and sustain a welcoming climate for diversity and outreach
Improve accountability and transparency
UW Medicine’s Office of Healthcare Equity & Bias Reporting Website/Tool
- The tool is intended to formally report any “bias incident” which is any form of discrimination, bullying, microaggression, or harassment against a member of the university community based on perception of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
- Reporting can include a variety of concerns ranging from one-time micro-aggressions to more severe and sustained behavior.
- You can report anonymously with this tool. However, we believe we can more fully respond to concerns if you include your name and contact information. It also allows us to follow up with you about next steps both in regards to supporting you as the reporter and informing our next steps to address the incident.
- You can report if you experienced or witnessed the bias incident
- A Bias Incident Response Team (BIRT) reviews all incident reports and will take appropriate action as needed. The BIRT is comprised of 15 people across UW Medicine and School of Medicine. They are not a formal investigative body. See FAQs for more information.
DIVERSITY COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Marta Soden, PhD
Smita Yadav, PhD, Committee co-chair
Larry Zweifel, PhD, Committee co-chair
Brandy Briones, PhD
Amy Ferreccio, PhD
Raaj Gowrishankar, PhD
Barbara Juarez, PhD
Mitch Omar, PhD
Chris Tschumi, PhD